While many consultants try to bring solutions based on their experience, we bring our experience to help you find the right solutions. Rep Connection can help because we are able to offer our clients:
- Expertise and Experience: we have done it before; we have processes that will help you do it right the first time; we have real life experience in the field.
- Independence: we do not sell any hardware or software; we are not involved in internal politics; we can advise you without having any undisclosed interest in the decisions you make; your success is our only win.
- Time: we are able to help you get it done now. We augment your staff and train them at the same time. While you may not be able to commit the necessary resources right now, we can and will.
We help organizations like yours succeed by assessing your needs, listening to your concerns and facilitating your team making and taking ownership of long-term decisions. Time and again, we have saved clients money and effort, producing excellent results at a cost below that which a "do-it-yourself" approach really costs.
- Sales Channel Improvement
- Customer Service Satisfaction Surveys
- Partner Relationship Management
- Marketing Planning
- Training Development and Implementation
- Speeches, Presentations
Other Consulting Services
Technology Planning & Integration
Are you facing decisions about choosing, implementing or managing technology? Today, those decisions have become more complex and more vital than ever. Long-range technology planning has been proven to have significant financial benefits. The implications of any major automation decision should be weighed in terms of your overall plan.
We can work with you to optimize the return on your systems investments. We can help you avoid dead-end technologies by creating a cost-effective plan to migrate from existing expensive, proprietary platforms to more cost-effective and flexible client-server computing environments.
We start with an assessment of the current state of affairs: infrastructure; people; perceptions. In conjunction with these interviews, we review the factors that are driving technology and the factors that are driving the business. Finally, our analysis leads to an understanding of the desired future state, and what is needed to do to get there.
Sometimes, a little outside perspective can help keep the focus. It really helps to have someone who can help you work on the business without being mired in the details of the business. Someone with whom you can speak frankly and confidentially. Someone with whom you can check out new ideas. Someone with whom you can problem-solve.
We operate under the vision that data should be available to anyone who needs it and that data should only be entered into computers once, and then shared, even across business partners. If you look at your internal operations, or your interaction with your sales partners, you'll find data being keyed off one report into spreadsheets, legacy systems, and private databases.
Software Evaluation & Selection
Here's a sample of how our process works for our technology clients:
- Assessment: We meet with you and your key people and determine how you really do business.
- Identify Growth Issues: Your computer system will be able to support the growth in your business plan.
- Vendor Identification: We canvass the hardware and software vendors specializing in your industry or profession.
- Solution Analysis: We separate marketing hype from true capabilities. We know how to recommend a system that can grow modularity as your company grows, yet still be cost effective now.
- Conversion Project Management: We know what is needed to phase the new systems and procedures into your environment. We plan the conversion for you: how and when it will take place, who will participate, and what constitutes acceptance.
- Completion: We document for, and train, your staff. We set up procedures for them to follow that will ensure the necessary continuity and stability of your systems-and associated procedures.
We serve as architects - we design an overall business structure; we then "architect" an information system whose structure supports your special business structure. We are also engineers; we "engineer" the proper solution to best suit your needs using contemporary tools and management concepts.
"Would you tell me, please which way I ought to walk from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat,
"I don't much care where - " said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you walk," said the Cat.
" - so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
For most organizations, strategic business planning is an intuitive process. Rarely do they have an organized assessment of where they are, often they don't have a vision of where they want to go, and like Alice, find that any path will suffice, if you wander around long enough.
We have developed a formal strategic business planning methodology based around business-based design. We can help you assess each of the three critical elements that go into a strategic business plan: processes, organization, and assets. We start with Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats and guide management through a team planning process to integrated strategic, operational and implementation plans
Supply Chain Management, Distribution
Supply Chain is a major topic of conversation in many organizations today. Increasingly sophisticated customers demand that their orders be shipped, complete, accurate, on time, and in the manner they require. A leading-edge logistics program can create competitive advantage for your company.
We analyze the key logistics elements--movement of the product (inbound, outbound, intra-company), movement of information, service/time, cost, and integration--within your company and with customers and with suppliers. From your goals and our analysis we can develop a program of continuous improvement.
Among the projects we can perform:
- Warehouse Review
- Inventory Audit
- Transportation Analysis
- Cycle Time Review
- Cost Analysis
- Service Analysis
- Operations Review
- Systems Audit
- Distribution Network Design
- Trading Partner Integration
Worked with warehouse manager to redesign warehouse workflows and processes, changed warehouse compensation, implemented computer tracking of productivity.
Results: Reduced shipping times from 3 days to 24 hours while volume increased 133%.
Designed and implemented order entry, sales tracking, warehousing and inventory management system utilizing low cost networked PC's and 4th generation relational database system. System costs were a fraction of comparable systems implemented by other rep agencies.
Results: Sales per inside person increased from $4.1 million to $9.6 million. Inventory turns increased to 6 versus 3 for manufacturer-managed inventories. Service levels increased to 96+% versus less than 90% for manufacturer-managed inventories.
Wrote user manual for Application Service Provider based distribution operations software system.
Results: Resulting manual combined ease of reading, frequent illustrations and task orientation. Expected to significantly reduce customer support requirements.
Partial List of Clients
- American Supply Association
- Certified Auctioneers Institute
- Institute for Professional Advancement
- Manufacturers Agents Food Service Industry
- Manufacturers Agents National Association
- MTI Inc.
- Shamrock Sales